Thursday, December 6, 2012

i think it's time to do the traditional thanksgiving post haha.

2012 has been excellent. many resolutions achieved, many things completed. from AOH and SAF Day and NDP to those shit parades in between like OCS, BMTGP and SCGP, the mandatory POC, GOH and COG, the year has passed really quickly.

i would like to thank my daily Band B gang: liangjun, russell, amos, shawn lau, yihao, chinping, anchun, jonfoo for being there when we tank all the shit, for all the joy and laughter you guys had brought, our impromptu Krabi trip which was honestly the best getaway i had ever, and for being excellent musicians. it was an honour to play alongside you guys.

fellow Band A and Band C guys like lionel, victor, clarence, brent, nigel, gabriel seah, xinghao, jasper, edwin, jiexiang, boonkai, faris for giving me wonderful advices, perspectives and musicality. it was an honour to have known you guys.

special thanks to liangjun and victor for helping me, giving me advices when we were preparing for the Law interview. it was really an honour to work with arguably some of the brightest 20 year olds in Singapore.

to Central Band guys, especially the saxophone section samuel cheah, yixiang, nizam, junming, dalston, jonlim for being the most awesome saxophone friends i have. you guys are just wonderful.

also not leaving out the omnipresent nazreen! you have been with me since j1, witnessing my growth as a musician. i hoped i made you proud!

special thanks for those who helped in one way or another when i was taking my LTCL. samuel, yixiang, jeremy chua, bona, ignatius for giving me advice on how to improve my music. i owe this all to you guys. a deep heartfelt thank you to all.

to my gay buddies liangjun, samuel and nigel, you guys are the gayest shit i've seen. it has been an honour.

i would like to specially mention the woodlands gang ignatius andre and vignesh. we may have pursued different paths, but we remain great friends. thank you.

to my usual PHS band of brothers jacob david and daniel palit, you guys are the best, keeping my sanity when i thought i lost it. may we remain great friends.

after my first and last recital last night i realized that regardless how far we might be, we will always remain connected through the bonds we share. a deep thank you to all who came to support my recital. it is a great honour, to play for you guys.

my last project will be SAF Ceremonial Band's In House Concert 2 before flying off to Taiwan. after that it'd be Christmas and New Year!
a great, great year 2013 will be.

ORD and NUS Law!

No comments: